This page is currently queued for revision.
The action of grabbing data and using it without the owner's consent.
Individuals who gain unauthorized access to data are the most common and well understood threat to storage. The unauthorized access can be from an outside attacker, a malicious insider, or a user who may not be malicious but still has access to something he or she shouldn't.
Data Security Strategies
- Understand data type
- Understand data structure and format
- Understand the cloud service models
- Understand the cloud storage options
- Understand CSP data residency offering
- Plan data discovery and classification
- Define data ownership
- Plan protection of data controls
- Plan for ongoing monitoring
Data Separation Strategies
Data separation should be implemented in a layered approach. The five layers addressed are:
- Compute nodes
- Management plane
- Storage nodes
- Control plane