ANSI/BICSI 002-2019 Data Center Design and Implementation Best Practices
Acronyms, Abbreviations, and Initialisms
|Short Form||Full Form|
|ANSI||American National Standards Institute|
|BICSI||Building Industry Consulting Services International|
ANSI/BICSI 002-2019 covers all major systems found within a data center. Written by industry professionals from all major disciplines, this standard not only lists what a data center requires, but also provides ample recommendations on the best methods of implementing a design to fulfill your specific needs.
This standard includes specifications for hot/cold aisle setups, power specifications, and energy efficiency.
This standard provides a reference of common terminology and design practice. It is not intended to be used by architects and engineers as their sole reference or as a step-by-step design guide, but may be used by such persons to determine design requirements in conjunction with the data center owner, occupant, or consultant.
This standard is intended primarily for:
- Data center owners and operators
- Telecommunications and information technology (IT) consultants and project managers
- Telecommunications and IT technology installers
- Section 5: Site Selection
- Section 6: Space Planning
- Section 7: Architectural
- Section 8: Structural
- Section 9: Electrical Systems
- Section 10: Mechnical Systems
- Section 11: Fire Protection
- Section 12: Security
- Section 13: Facility, Ancillary and IP-enabled Systems
- Section 14: Telecommunications Cabling, Infrastructure, Pathways and Spaces
- Section 15: Information Technology
- Section 16: Commissioning
- Section 17: Data Center Maintenance
- ANSI/BICSI 002-2019 provides recommendations for datacenter design and implementation best practices.
- ANSI/BICSI 002-2019 includes specifications for hot/cold aisle setups, power specifications, and energy efficiency.