Sherwood Applied Business Security Architecture (SABSA)
Acronyms, Abbreviations, and Initialisms
|Short Form||Full Form|
|BOSS||Business Operation Support Services|
|CSA||Cloud Security Alliance|
|SABSA||Sherwood Applied Business Security Architecture|
SABSA is a proven methodology for developing business-driven, risk and opportunity focused Security Architectures at both enterprise and solutions level that traceably support business objectives.
It is also widely used for Information Assurance Architectures, Risk Management Frameworks, and to align and seamlessly integrate security and risk management into IT Architecture methods and frameworks.
SABSA is part of the Business Operation Support Services (BOSS) domain of the Cloud Security Alliance (CSA) Enterprise Architecture (EA).
SABSA is comprised of a series of integrated frameworks, models, methods and processes, used independently or as an holistic integrated enterprise solution, including:
- Business Requirements Engineering Framework (known as Attributes Profiling)
- Risk and Opportunity Management Framework
- Policy Architecture Framework
- Security Services-Oriented Architecture Framework
- Governance Framework
- Security Domain Framework
- Through-life Security Service Management & Performance Management Framework
- SABSA is a means of developing security capabilities that align with business objectives.